Suicide Bomber Committed Terrorist Attack in Bulgaria's Burgas - Report
The terrorist attack against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria's Burgas has been committed by a suicide bomber, a report says.
Initial reports said a number of Israelis were dead and wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian authorities have confirmed there are casualties but have not confirmed their number. The site of the Burgas Airport says the Israeli tourists arrived on a flight of Air Via from Tel Aviv at 4:50 pm. After that, they got on a bus to reach Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort Sunny Beach. According to reports, there were about 40 Israeli tourists on the bus.
The Jerusalem Post reported Wednesday night that the Burgas terrorist act was committed by a suicide bomber; no immediate confirmation of this report was available on part of the Bulgarian authorities.
According to Burgas Mayor Dimitar Nikolov, the explosion was caused by a bomb placed in the baggage compartment of the bus.
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists