Suicide Bomber Committed Terrorist Attack in Bulgaria's Burgas - Report
The terrorist attack against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria's Burgas has been committed by a suicide bomber, a report says.
Initial reports said a number of Israelis were dead and wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian authorities have confirmed there are casualties but have not confirmed their number. The site of the Burgas Airport says the Israeli tourists arrived on a flight of Air Via from Tel Aviv at 4:50 pm. After that, they got on a bus to reach Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort Sunny Beach. According to reports, there were about 40 Israeli tourists on the bus.
The Jerusalem Post reported Wednesday night that the Burgas terrorist act was committed by a suicide bomber; no immediate confirmation of this report was available on part of the Bulgarian authorities.
According to Burgas Mayor Dimitar Nikolov, the explosion was caused by a bomb placed in the baggage compartment of the bus.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria