Suicide Bomber Committed Terrorist Attack in Bulgaria's Burgas - Report
The terrorist attack against Israeli tourists in Bulgaria's Burgas has been committed by a suicide bomber, a report says.
Initial reports said a number of Israelis were dead and wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian authorities have confirmed there are casualties but have not confirmed their number. The site of the Burgas Airport says the Israeli tourists arrived on a flight of Air Via from Tel Aviv at 4:50 pm. After that, they got on a bus to reach Bulgaria's largest Black Sea resort Sunny Beach. According to reports, there were about 40 Israeli tourists on the bus.
The Jerusalem Post reported Wednesday night that the Burgas terrorist act was committed by a suicide bomber; no immediate confirmation of this report was available on part of the Bulgarian authorities.
According to Burgas Mayor Dimitar Nikolov, the explosion was caused by a bomb placed in the baggage compartment of the bus.
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Ten Syrian Illegal Migrants, Alleged Trafficker
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Ex Parliament Deputy Speaker worth over BGN 1M
- » Bulgarian Court Issues 1-Year Prison Sentence for Attempted Arson of Dzhumaya Mosque
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby