Bulgaria Merges 2 Privatization-Related Agencies
Bulgaria’s Parliament voted Saturday to merge the Privatization Agency and the Post-Privatization Control Agency.
The majority of the MPs supported amendments to the Privatization Act creating one large state institution called Agency for Privatization and Post-Privatization Control.
The proclaimed aim of the merger is to unite the capacities of the two presently separate agencies.
The measure has been put forth about two months ago by the rightist Blue Coalition which backs the ruling party GERB.
- » Bulgaria MPs Dismiss Opposition Demand to Review Sanctions on Russia
- » MEP Claims to Have 'Co-organized' Bulgaria's Summer Protests in 2013
- » 281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
- » Bulgaria Unveils Plans to Increase Retirement Age, Pension Insurance Payments
- » Road Infrastructure Agency Chief Decries Prolonged Underfunding
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Kuneva Unveils Proposal for Unified Anti-Corruption Unit