Report: Croatia Closes EU Talks 2010, Turkey Needs More Efforts
Croatia should be able to complete its EU accession negotiations in 2010 but Turkey will have to put in a lot more efforts in order to join the EU.
These conclusions are contained in the annual EU report on the accession progress of the two countries, as cited by BGNES. The report is supposed to be made public on October 14, 2009.
It criticizes both countries currently negotiating for EU membership over corruption and organized crime, and states that they would have to do a lot before they could join the Union.
Croatia may be able to complete the accession talks in 2010 if it manages to meet all deadlines. The report does not say when Croatia will join the EU but experts are quoted as saying this might happen in 2012.
Croatia’s EU talks were frozen for about a year as Slovenia imposed a veto over a border dispute that it lifted only recently.
- » Advertising for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the European Union will Cost BGN 1.5 Million
- » EC Survey: Bulgaria in the Top 3 of the Most Racist Countries in Europe
- » Meglena Kuneva is Nominated for a New Position in Brussels
- » According to New Research, Bulgaria is the Laziest Nation in the EU
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission