Report: Croatia Closes EU Talks 2010, Turkey Needs More Efforts
Croatia should be able to complete its EU accession negotiations in 2010 but Turkey will have to put in a lot more efforts in order to join the EU.
These conclusions are contained in the annual EU report on the accession progress of the two countries, as cited by BGNES. The report is supposed to be made public on October 14, 2009.
It criticizes both countries currently negotiating for EU membership over corruption and organized crime, and states that they would have to do a lot before they could join the Union.
Croatia may be able to complete the accession talks in 2010 if it manages to meet all deadlines. The report does not say when Croatia will join the EU but experts are quoted as saying this might happen in 2012.
Croatia’s EU talks were frozen for about a year as Slovenia imposed a veto over a border dispute that it lifted only recently.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds