Obama with 6% Lead ahead of McCain
According to a public opinion poll conducted by C-Span, Zogby, and Reuters, whose results were announced Tuesday, Obama's has the support of 49% of the voters compared to 43% for McCain. A day earlier another poll showed a 4% lead for the Illinois Senator.
Obama fares well among some of the groups on whom much of the swing vote might depend. He has a 17% lead among independents, and 11% lead among women, according to the poll.
The Illinois Senator also has a slight lead among men, and is gaining ground among Catholics and Hispanics. He is already ahead of McCain in all age groups including the elders over 65.
The 72-year-old Arizona Senator has a lead of 11% among the whites, and is slightly ahead among higher-income Americans.
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
- » Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry Slams New EU Sanctions
- » EU Imposes Sanctions on Russian Intelligence Chiefs