ETA Calls "Permanent Cease Fire"
World | March 22, 2006, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The Basque separatist group Eta declared a permanent ceasefire, according to reports on Basque radio. The group has been fighting for independence for the Basque region of northern Spain and south-west France for nearly four decades. ETA said its objective now was "to start a new democratic process in the Basque country". The authenticity of the announcement - which said the ceasefire would begin on Friday 24 March - could not immediately be verified.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Twitter Blocked More than 1,000 Users for "Targeted Spam"
- » Turkey Announced the Offensive Against the Syrian City of Afrin
- » Roscosmos is Considering the Commercialization of the Russian ISS Segment
- » Prime Minister of New Zealand goes on Maternity Leave
- » At the End of 2017, China's Population Grew to 1.39 billion
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)