ETA Calls "Permanent Cease Fire"
World | March 22, 2006, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The Basque separatist group Eta declared a permanent ceasefire, according to reports on Basque radio. The group has been fighting for independence for the Basque region of northern Spain and south-west France for nearly four decades. ETA said its objective now was "to start a new democratic process in the Basque country". The authenticity of the announcement - which said the ceasefire would begin on Friday 24 March - could not immediately be verified.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » G7 States Agree With UK That Russia ‘Highly Likely’ Responsible for Skripal Case
- » Toronto Van Suspect Attended Classes For Students with Special Needs
- » George Bush Hospitalised Day after Wife’s Funeral
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration
- » EU Regulator Investigates Alitalia State Loan
- » Population Depletion Threatens the Economies of Eastern Europe
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)