ETA Calls "Permanent Cease Fire"
World | March 22, 2006, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The Basque separatist group Eta declared a permanent ceasefire, according to reports on Basque radio. The group has been fighting for independence for the Basque region of northern Spain and south-west France for nearly four decades. ETA said its objective now was "to start a new democratic process in the Basque country". The authenticity of the announcement - which said the ceasefire would begin on Friday 24 March - could not immediately be verified.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)