ETA Calls "Permanent Cease Fire"
World | March 22, 2006, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
The Basque separatist group Eta declared a permanent ceasefire, according to reports on Basque radio. The group has been fighting for independence for the Basque region of northern Spain and south-west France for nearly four decades. ETA said its objective now was "to start a new democratic process in the Basque country". The authenticity of the announcement - which said the ceasefire would begin on Friday 24 March - could not immediately be verified.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Turkish President Erdogan Calls on all Muslims to 'Protect' Jerusalem
- » IOM: 120 018 Migrants and Refugees Arrived in Europe Since the Beginning of 2017
- » Polish President Signs Bill Giving Justice Minister Power to Hire Court Heads
- » Experimental Vaccine Against HIV has Promising Results
- » French Police Arrested 150 Migrants at Cannes Station
- » The World’s First Crewless Ship will Launch Next Year
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)