Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » IS Claims Responsibility for Suicide Attack on Shiite Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook of Possible Blocking of Services
- » At Least 30 Casualties as Suicide Bomber Targets Shia Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Kristalina Georgieva Appointed Co-Chair to UN Humanitarian Financing Panel
- » David Cameron Vows to Seize Pay of Illegal Migrants Working in UK
- » Bulgaria, Italy Agree to Deepen Cooperation in Dealing with Migratory Pressure