Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » Tensions in Athens Escalate as Farmers, Police Clash
- » Blockade Remains at Two Bulgarian-Greek Border Checkpoints as Protests Continue
- » International Community Vows to Seek Cessation of Hostilities in Syria
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Could Send Millions of Migrants to Europe
- » NATO Ships in Aegean to Help EU Stem People Smuggling
- » Protesting Greek Farmers Renew Blockades Along Bulgarian-Greek Border