Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine
- » 40% of Serbians Optimistic About Economic Situation
- » Iraqi Kurdish Forces Head to Turkey to Join Kobane Battle