Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » Crimea to Complete Ruble-Switch in Coming Weeks
- » Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
- » Sunken South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 28
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens