Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » Russia Plans to Strengthen Control of Turkish Food Imports
- » 15 People Killed, 10 Others Injured as Russian Helicopter Crashes in Eastern Siberia
- » EU Commission President Says Schengen Is “Partly Comatose”
- » Germany Promises Further Assistance to France in Fight Against Terrorism
- » Surviving Pilot Says Turkey Issued No Warning Before Shooting down Russian Warplane
- » IS Group Claims Responsibility for Tunis Blast