Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » Trial Starts in Turkey Against 47 People Accused of Attempting To Kill Erdogan
- » EU Grants EUR 18 M in Humanitarian Aid for Ukraine
- » New Ceasefire Agreement To Enter Into Force in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Pays EUR 1 M for Court of Human Rights Verdicts
- » Putin Allows Recognition of Passports from Donetsk, Luhansk 'Republics'
- » Schulz Overtakes on Merkel in Chancellor Race by Big Margin - Poll