Egyptian Official Killed in Cairo
Gunmen have killed a senior Egyptian Interior Ministry official outside his home in Cairo on Tuesday.
"General Mohamed Saeed, head of the technical office of the Minister of Interior, was targeted by gunmen inside a car who shot him and fled", said an Egyptian security official.
The Interior Ministry confirmed Saeed's murder and said he was struck by 14 bullets in the head and neck.
Saeed was an aide to Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim, who survived an assassination attempt last year.
According to the UN, the killed Egyptian official headed the office investigating the use of public funds.
- » Russia Forced to Pay USD 50 B to Former Yukos Owners
- » Romania, US to Launch Observation Flights over Russia, Belarus
- » Greek Civil Servants to Stage Strike in Athens
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
- » Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry Slams New EU Sanctions