Ariel Sharon Laid to Rest at Family Ranch
Israel held the burial service of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at his family ranch in the Negev desert on Monday.
Amid final prayers, Sharon's coffin was placed in a plot at the Sycamore ranch he owned near Sderot, close to Gaza, the BBC informs.
Eight military generals carried Sharon's coffin to the grave alongside that of his second wife, as a Jewish cantor intoned a traditional prayer for the dead.
The ceremony attracted thousands of mourners from across the political spectrum.
Sharon, regarded by many Israelis as a great statesmen but widely loathed in the Arab world, died on Saturday aged 85 after eight years in a coma.
- » Trump Says That Transgender People Will Not Be Allowed in the Military
- » The Taliban Captured a Base in Kandahar and Killed 30 Soldiers
- » Oficially Turkey Is Getting Russia's S-400 Air Defense System
- » EU Threatens to Block Brexit Talks Over Plans for Police Checks on Citizens Who Hope to Remain in Britain
- » Brussels Hands Poland 1-Month Deadline to Address Judicial Reform Concerns
- » With the Start of the New School Year 13 334 Children will Study Bulgarian Across 40 Countries