Ariel Sharon Laid to Rest at Family Ranch
Israel held the burial service of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at his family ranch in the Negev desert on Monday.
Amid final prayers, Sharon's coffin was placed in a plot at the Sycamore ranch he owned near Sderot, close to Gaza, the BBC informs.
Eight military generals carried Sharon's coffin to the grave alongside that of his second wife, as a Jewish cantor intoned a traditional prayer for the dead.
The ceremony attracted thousands of mourners from across the political spectrum.
Sharon, regarded by many Israelis as a great statesmen but widely loathed in the Arab world, died on Saturday aged 85 after eight years in a coma.
- » Syria: Turkey Hit Afrin with Chemical Projectiles
- » Three Turkish Journalists Sentenced to Life due to Relations with Gulen
- » Russia is Considering Banning Smartphones in the Army
- » Senate Blocks Immigration Plans
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Moscow Received a Letter with White Powder
- » Part of a Meteorite was Sold for Nearly USD 240,000