Ariel Sharon Laid to Rest at Family Ranch
Israel held the burial service of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at his family ranch in the Negev desert on Monday.
Amid final prayers, Sharon's coffin was placed in a plot at the Sycamore ranch he owned near Sderot, close to Gaza, the BBC informs.
Eight military generals carried Sharon's coffin to the grave alongside that of his second wife, as a Jewish cantor intoned a traditional prayer for the dead.
The ceremony attracted thousands of mourners from across the political spectrum.
Sharon, regarded by many Israelis as a great statesmen but widely loathed in the Arab world, died on Saturday aged 85 after eight years in a coma.
- » Russia, Turkey Reach ‘Political Decision’ on Gas Pipeline, NPP Projects
- » New Tax Hikes Force Rise in Relocation of Greek Firms to Bulgaria
- » Migration-Wary Bulgaria, Greece Agree to Hold Joint Special Forces Exercise at Border
- » Islamic State Group Claims Responsibility for Normandy Church Attack
- » Quarter of a Million Migrants Arrive by Sea in Europe so far in 2016
- » Priest Killed in Hostage Siege in Normandy