Ariel Sharon Laid to Rest at Family Ranch
Israel held the burial service of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at his family ranch in the Negev desert on Monday.
Amid final prayers, Sharon's coffin was placed in a plot at the Sycamore ranch he owned near Sderot, close to Gaza, the BBC informs.
Eight military generals carried Sharon's coffin to the grave alongside that of his second wife, as a Jewish cantor intoned a traditional prayer for the dead.
The ceremony attracted thousands of mourners from across the political spectrum.
Sharon, regarded by many Israelis as a great statesmen but widely loathed in the Arab world, died on Saturday aged 85 after eight years in a coma.
- » ISIS Claims Responsibility for London Attack
- » Greece Not To Accept Back Refugees From Germany
- » PM Theresa May: We Will Never Waver In The Face of Terrorism
- » British Police Arrests 7 People for London Attack
- » Armed Police Raid on Birmingham Home Linked to Westminster Attack
- » Eiffel Tower Went Dark at Midnight For London Victims