Ariel Sharon Laid to Rest at Family Ranch
Israel held the burial service of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon at his family ranch in the Negev desert on Monday.
Amid final prayers, Sharon's coffin was placed in a plot at the Sycamore ranch he owned near Sderot, close to Gaza, the BBC informs.
Eight military generals carried Sharon's coffin to the grave alongside that of his second wife, as a Jewish cantor intoned a traditional prayer for the dead.
The ceremony attracted thousands of mourners from across the political spectrum.
Sharon, regarded by many Israelis as a great statesmen but widely loathed in the Arab world, died on Saturday aged 85 after eight years in a coma.
- » Russia, Ukraine Reach Tentative Agreement On Gas Deliveries
- » Patient with Ebola Symptoms Hospitalized in Kosovo's Capital
- » Greece Plans Extra LNG Imports in Case of Cut in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Putin Promises Jobs, Boost in Trade, Investment to Serbia
- » Merkel Engages in Mediation Efforst Prior to Putin-Poroshenko Talks
- » Putin Promises to Decrease Europe Supplies 'If Ukraine Steals Gas'