Bulgarian Volleyballers Qualify for World Championship
Bulgaria’s men’s national volleyball team qualified for the 2014 World Championship in Poland, despite losing their last match to the Czech Republic.
In Opava, the Bulgarians lost 2:3 (25:22, 18:25, 22:25, 25:18, 12:15) to the Czechs, but still made it through, since all they needed was to win a single set, which they managed to do in the beginning of the match.
After winning the first set, coach Camillo Placi took out some of his stars, including Tsvetan Sokolov, in order not to risk any injuries.
The tournament will take place between September 3 - 21 in Poland, with 24 teams participating.
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
- » Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Climbs to 14-th Place
- » Bulgaria's Blagoy Ivanov Records 11 Wins, Reaches MMA Bellator Finals