Bulgarian Volleyballers Qualify for World Championship
Bulgaria’s men’s national volleyball team qualified for the 2014 World Championship in Poland, despite losing their last match to the Czech Republic.
In Opava, the Bulgarians lost 2:3 (25:22, 18:25, 22:25, 25:18, 12:15) to the Czechs, but still made it through, since all they needed was to win a single set, which they managed to do in the beginning of the match.
After winning the first set, coach Camillo Placi took out some of his stars, including Tsvetan Sokolov, in order not to risk any injuries.
The tournament will take place between September 3 - 21 in Poland, with 24 teams participating.
- » Stiliyan Petrov Could Also Return to Bulgaria’s National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Secures Tough Victory over World's No. 194
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov Considers Renewing His Professional Football Career
- » Bulgaria's Haskovo to Recognise Grigor Dimitrov as Honorary Citizen
- » Berbatov, Martin Petrov Join Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Second Round in Istanbul