Bulgarian Volleyballers Qualify for World Championship
Bulgaria’s men’s national volleyball team qualified for the 2014 World Championship in Poland, despite losing their last match to the Czech Republic.
In Opava, the Bulgarians lost 2:3 (25:22, 18:25, 22:25, 25:18, 12:15) to the Czechs, but still made it through, since all they needed was to win a single set, which they managed to do in the beginning of the match.
After winning the first set, coach Camillo Placi took out some of his stars, including Tsvetan Sokolov, in order not to risk any injuries.
The tournament will take place between September 3 - 21 in Poland, with 24 teams participating.
- » Bulgarian rhythmic Gymnastics Captain: We played like lions
- » Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters
- » Mirela Demireva Brings Home Silver Medal for Bulgaria in Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Nevyana Vladinova Scores 7th in first ever Olympic Finals
- » Bulgaria with seventh score at rhythmic gymnastics all-round event qualifications in Rio