Bulgarian Volleyballers Qualify for World Championship
Bulgaria’s men’s national volleyball team qualified for the 2014 World Championship in Poland, despite losing their last match to the Czech Republic.
In Opava, the Bulgarians lost 2:3 (25:22, 18:25, 22:25, 25:18, 12:15) to the Czechs, but still made it through, since all they needed was to win a single set, which they managed to do in the beginning of the match.
After winning the first set, coach Camillo Placi took out some of his stars, including Tsvetan Sokolov, in order not to risk any injuries.
The tournament will take place between September 3 - 21 in Poland, with 24 teams participating.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov To Play at Sofia ATP Tour Event
- » Coach of Bulgaria's Levski PFC Quits Team
- » Juan Martin del Potro Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov in Stockholm
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Semi-Finals
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Quarter Finals
- » Ludogorets Suffers Heavy Defeat from Arsenal in London