Bulgaria's Pironkova Loses in China Qualifiers
Bulgaria’s top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova lost in the 2nd qualifying round of the tournament in Shenzhen, China.
The 26-year old was beaten 4:6, 3:6 by Swiss Viktorija Golubic, in a match which lasted 80 minutes.
Pironkova gained USD 1,852 from the tournament's prize pool as well as 12 WTA ranking points.
Next week, she will participate in the qualifying rounds for the tournament in Sydney, Australia.
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
- » Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Climbs to 14-th Place
- » Bulgaria's Blagoy Ivanov Records 11 Wins, Reaches MMA Bellator Finals