Child, Police Officer among Volgograd Train Station Blast Victims
A nine-year-old child and a police officer are among the victims of the deadly suicide attack at Volgograd train station, officials announced.
The explosion at a train station in Volgograd, Russia, killed at least 18 people on Sunday and is believed to have been carried out by a female suicide bomber.
It is the second bombing in the southern Russian city in two months and comes less than six weeks ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, which is located less than 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) from Volgograd.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack.
In October, a bomber blew up a passenger bus, killing six people and wounding more than 30 others. Russian media reported that a female Islamist suicide bomber from the Russian region of Dagestan was responsible for the attack.
The restive region of Chechnya is also located in this southern portion of Russia.
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'
- » Separatists Reportedly Ordered Donetsk Jews to Register Or Be Deported
- » Presidential Elections Under Way in Algeria