Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
Two policemen have been arrested in Sofia for brutally beating a civilian, supposedly for personal reasons.
"When there is misconduct on the part of our servants, we take the appropriate measures. We have responded immediately by revoking their uniforms and weapons", the Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary, Svetlozar Lazarov told the Bulgarian National Television.
The 54-year old man who was beaten is in bad condition, added Lazarov. It is believed that a personal conflict between the assaulted man and one of the policemen's parents is the reason behind the incident.
It is confirmed that the policemen were on duty when they carried out the attack. Disciplinary proceedings have been ordered against the perpetrators.
- » Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
- » Bulgaria's Common Crime Op Results in 26% Crime Drop – IM
- » 2008 Case over Fake Signature of Ex Sofia Mayor Borisov Enters Court
- » Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City