Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
Two policemen have been arrested in Sofia for brutally beating a civilian, supposedly for personal reasons.
"When there is misconduct on the part of our servants, we take the appropriate measures. We have responded immediately by revoking their uniforms and weapons", the Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary, Svetlozar Lazarov told the Bulgarian National Television.
The 54-year old man who was beaten is in bad condition, added Lazarov. It is believed that a personal conflict between the assaulted man and one of the policemen's parents is the reason behind the incident.
It is confirmed that the policemen were on duty when they carried out the attack. Disciplinary proceedings have been ordered against the perpetrators.
- » US Embassy in Sofia's Ex-Employee Investigated over 'Mafia Links'
- » Bulgarian Court Overturns Marijuana Grower Acquittal
- » Bulgarian Clinic Reportedly Involved in Organ Transplants Ring
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
- » Bulgaria Is Leader in Skimmer Attacks – Report
- » Boss of US ATM Fraud Scheme 'Has Ties to Bulgarian Underworld'