Italian Ambassador Wins Diplomats' Tennis Tournament in Sofia
The Italian Ambassador to Bulgaria, Marco Conticelli, won the annual tennis tournament “Diplomats and Friends”, under the patronage of Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin.
The event took place at the Bulgarian National Tennis Center in Sofia.
In the final of the 50+ age group, Conticelli defeated German Ambassador Matthias Hoepfner by 6:3, reports Standartnews.
Ambassador Conticelli also reached the final in the doubles, together with his partner Angel Naydenov, Minister of Defense. The pair lost to Svetlozar Panov and Kristian Iliev.
The winners in the tournament were awarded trophies by Deputy Foreign Minister Angel Velichkov and the President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation Stefan Tsvetkov.
- » Bulgarian Goalie Makes It to Europa League Group Stage Best XI
- » Three ex-European Champions Among Possible Ludogorets Opponents
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Finish Europa Group Undefeated
- » Don King to Attend Bulgaria's Pulev Match
- » Bulgaria's Lukoil Akademik Exit Eurocup
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Arrive in Zagreb to Face Dinamo