Smoky Welcome for Bulgaria's National Team in Yerevan
Ugly scenes marred the arrival of Bulgaria's national football team in Yerevan.
Around 40 supporters of Armenia lined up in the airport hall and lit smoke bombs and firecrackers. They were shouting "gypsies, gypsies" at the Bulgarian delegation which was trying to make its way out, reports gong.bg.
The local authorities reacted immediately and escorted the Bulgarians out of the airport as quickly as possible.
Bulgarian Football Union President, Borislav Mihaylov, commented that he will make an appeal to UEFA and FIFA on the matter.
Bulgaria plays Armenia on Friday at 6 PM Bulgarian time in a World Cup qualifier.
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgarian rhythmic Gymnastics Captain: We played like lions
- » Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters
- » Mirela Demireva Brings Home Silver Medal for Bulgaria in Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Nevyana Vladinova Scores 7th in first ever Olympic Finals