Smoky Welcome for Bulgaria's National Team in Yerevan
Ugly scenes marred the arrival of Bulgaria's national football team in Yerevan.
Around 40 supporters of Armenia lined up in the airport hall and lit smoke bombs and firecrackers. They were shouting "gypsies, gypsies" at the Bulgarian delegation which was trying to make its way out, reports gong.bg.
The local authorities reacted immediately and escorted the Bulgarians out of the airport as quickly as possible.
Bulgarian Football Union President, Borislav Mihaylov, commented that he will make an appeal to UEFA and FIFA on the matter.
Bulgaria plays Armenia on Friday at 6 PM Bulgarian time in a World Cup qualifier.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris