Smoky Welcome for Bulgaria's National Team in Yerevan
Ugly scenes marred the arrival of Bulgaria's national football team in Yerevan.
Around 40 supporters of Armenia lined up in the airport hall and lit smoke bombs and firecrackers. They were shouting "gypsies, gypsies" at the Bulgarian delegation which was trying to make its way out, reports gong.bg.
The local authorities reacted immediately and escorted the Bulgarians out of the airport as quickly as possible.
Bulgarian Football Union President, Borislav Mihaylov, commented that he will make an appeal to UEFA and FIFA on the matter.
Bulgaria plays Armenia on Friday at 6 PM Bulgarian time in a World Cup qualifier.
- » Israeli Football Players Attacked by CSKA Fans in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Leading Telecom Becomes Sponsor of Levski Sofia Football Club
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Brazilian Left Back as Eighth New Player
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Proceeds to Second Round of ITF Tournament in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix