Bulgarian Border Police Detain 29 Illegal Immigrants
Officers of the Regional Border Police Directorate in Elhovo have detained 29 illegal immigrants, including 28 Syrian nationals and an Iraqi national, on the territory of the southeast village of Valcha Polyana.
According to reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry, the detainees include 9 men, 5 women, and 15 children, who lack identity documents.
The operation conducted on August 3 was assisted by three officials from Malta participating in the Frontex Joint Operation "Poseidon Land."
The adults have been detained at the facility for accommodation of detained persons at the Elhovo border police unit, while the women and children have been accommodated at the facility for mothers with children.
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han