Bulgarian Border Police Detain 29 Illegal Immigrants
Officers of the Regional Border Police Directorate in Elhovo have detained 29 illegal immigrants, including 28 Syrian nationals and an Iraqi national, on the territory of the southeast village of Valcha Polyana.
According to reports of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry, the detainees include 9 men, 5 women, and 15 children, who lack identity documents.
The operation conducted on August 3 was assisted by three officials from Malta participating in the Frontex Joint Operation "Poseidon Land."
The adults have been detained at the facility for accommodation of detained persons at the Elhovo border police unit, while the women and children have been accommodated at the facility for mothers with children.
- » Teenager Rushed into a Russian School with an Axe and Lit it on Fire (Video)
- » Thousands of Britons have Bought Fake Diplomas
- » Arrested Doctor Worked Under the Influence of Alcohol
- » California Horror Story: Thirteen Brothers and Sisters were Found Chained by their Parents in a House
- » Serbian Political Leader In Northern Kosovo Shot Dead
- » Nearly 30 Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad