Bulgarian Border Police Detain 26 Illegal Immigrants
Bulgarian border police officers have detained 26 foreign nationals who crossed the border illegally.
At noon on Friday, two men, a woman, and three children aged 5-13 were tracked down by border police officers near the southeastern village of Kraynovo, Bolyarovo Municipality, accpording to reports of the Interior Ministry.
The people had no ID papers but claimed they were Syrian nationals.
Another group consisting of a man, a woman, and four children were detained near the southeastern Bulgarian village of Valcha Polyana shortly after midnight on Saturday.
The people also lacked ID documents and claimed to be Syrians.
At around 6.50 am on Saturday, the Regional Border Police Directorate in Elhovo received a tip-off about a group of people seen moving near the southwestern village of Golyam Dervent.
Some twenty minutes later, Bulgarian border police detained a group of 14, including two men, four women, and eight children, who also lacked ID papers.
All have been sent to temporary accommodation centers while the investigation of the cases continues.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs