Hamas, Fatah Agree to Continue Reconciliation Efforts
The leaders of rival Palestinian fractions Hamas and Fatah have agreed to expedite a stalled reconciliation deal between them, according to officials.
Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas and exiled Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal met on Thursday in Cairo.
"The two parties agreed to call on all Palestinian factions to implement the reconciliation agreement," Hamas politburo member Izzat al-Rishq has said, as cited by Ahram Online.
The official has revealed that Fatah and Hamas officials will meet soon to discuss further developments.
Abbas and Meshaal held separate talks on January 9 with Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi before meeting together.
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y