Hamas, Fatah Agree to Continue Reconciliation Efforts
The leaders of rival Palestinian fractions Hamas and Fatah have agreed to expedite a stalled reconciliation deal between them, according to officials.
Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas and exiled Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal met on Thursday in Cairo.
"The two parties agreed to call on all Palestinian factions to implement the reconciliation agreement," Hamas politburo member Izzat al-Rishq has said, as cited by Ahram Online.
The official has revealed that Fatah and Hamas officials will meet soon to discuss further developments.
Abbas and Meshaal held separate talks on January 9 with Egyptian President Muhammad Morsi before meeting together.
- » Floods Cause State of Emergency in 11 Serbian Municipalities
- » Turkish PM Inaugurates Drilling for Eurasia Tunnel
- » Austria to Receive 1000 Extra Refugees
- » Residents of France's Brittany Stage Rally to Demand Greater Autonomy
- » Christians Celebrate Easter, Pope Blesses World
- » South Korean Families Protest Over 'Slow' Rescue Operation