Bulgaria Nabs Serbian Listed by Interpol for Crime in Macedonia
Bulgarian authorities have detained Sunday a Serbian citizen with an Interpol arrest warrant issued against him.
The 41-year-old Serbian was arrested upon attempting to cross the border with Serbia at the Oltomantsi checkpoint in Bulgaria's western Kyustendil region.
Bulgarian border police found out that he is wanted by Interpol for alleged organized crime activities, power abuse and document fraud in Macedonia.
The Serbian citizen has been detained for 72 hours on an order of Bulgaria's prosecution.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora