Bulgaria Nabs Serbian Listed by Interpol for Crime in Macedonia
Bulgarian authorities have detained Sunday a Serbian citizen with an Interpol arrest warrant issued against him.
The 41-year-old Serbian was arrested upon attempting to cross the border with Serbia at the Oltomantsi checkpoint in Bulgaria's western Kyustendil region.
Bulgarian border police found out that he is wanted by Interpol for alleged organized crime activities, power abuse and document fraud in Macedonia.
The Serbian citizen has been detained for 72 hours on an order of Bulgaria's prosecution.
- » Bulgaria Charges Three Men over Migrant Truck Deaths in Austria
- » Bulgaria Thwarts Two Attempts to Smuggle Some 90 Migrants from Turkey
- » Four Kosovo Men Get Suspended Jail Sentences in Bulgaria for Illegally Crossing from Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Court Leaves Len Homeniuk Under House Arrest, Extradition Hearing Set for Sept 16
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detained 243 Human Traffickers in First Half of Year
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven