Bulgaria Nabs Serbian Listed by Interpol for Crime in Macedonia
Bulgarian authorities have detained Sunday a Serbian citizen with an Interpol arrest warrant issued against him.
The 41-year-old Serbian was arrested upon attempting to cross the border with Serbia at the Oltomantsi checkpoint in Bulgaria's western Kyustendil region.
Bulgarian border police found out that he is wanted by Interpol for alleged organized crime activities, power abuse and document fraud in Macedonia.
The Serbian citizen has been detained for 72 hours on an order of Bulgaria's prosecution.
- » Bulgarian Entrepreneur Detained over Tax Fraud Probe in Italy
- » Police in Brussels Intercept Ecstasy Import Scheme from Bulgaria
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey