Bulgaria Nabs Serbian Listed by Interpol for Crime in Macedonia
Bulgarian authorities have detained Sunday a Serbian citizen with an Interpol arrest warrant issued against him.
The 41-year-old Serbian was arrested upon attempting to cross the border with Serbia at the Oltomantsi checkpoint in Bulgaria's western Kyustendil region.
Bulgarian border police found out that he is wanted by Interpol for alleged organized crime activities, power abuse and document fraud in Macedonia.
The Serbian citizen has been detained for 72 hours on an order of Bulgaria's prosecution.
- » US Embassy in Sofia's Ex-Employee Investigated over 'Mafia Links'
- » Bulgarian Court Overturns Marijuana Grower Acquittal
- » Bulgarian Clinic Reportedly Involved in Organ Transplants Ring
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
- » Bulgaria Is Leader in Skimmer Attacks – Report
- » Boss of US ATM Fraud Scheme 'Has Ties to Bulgarian Underworld'