North Korean Leader Eager for More Rockets
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has called for further development of space technology and the launching of more rockets following the successful launch of one earlier this month.
"You should develop and launch a variety of more working satellites including communications satellite and carrier rockets of bigger capacity," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted Kim as telling scientists and other people involved in the rocket launch, according to RIA Novosti.
On December 12, North Korea launched a long-range rocket, defying international warnings.
The US, South Korea, Japan and various other countries condemned the launch as a ballistic missile test banned under UN Security Council resolutions.
- » Nearly 3,700 Migrants Rescued in Mediterranean, Operation Ongoing
- » Three People Found Alive Under Rubble Eight Days After Nepal Quake
- » Maersk Tigris Detained for Purely Commercial Reasons, Plaintiff Claims
- » Russian Ballet Legend Maya Plisetskaya Dies at 89
- » Tighter Border Security in Bulgaria, Greece Forcing Migrants to Try Deadly Sea Crossings, UNHCR Claims
- » Duchess of Cambridge Gives Birth to Daughter