North Korean Leader Eager for More Rockets
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has called for further development of space technology and the launching of more rockets following the successful launch of one earlier this month.
"You should develop and launch a variety of more working satellites including communications satellite and carrier rockets of bigger capacity," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted Kim as telling scientists and other people involved in the rocket launch, according to RIA Novosti.
On December 12, North Korea launched a long-range rocket, defying international warnings.
The US, South Korea, Japan and various other countries condemned the launch as a ballistic missile test banned under UN Security Council resolutions.
- » 45 PKK Terrorists Killed in Anti-Terror Operations in a Week
- » Two Rich Italian Regions Vote For More Autonomy
- » Japan PM Shinzo Abe Promises to Deal with North Korea Threat
- » Brexit: Business Leaders Call For Swift Transition Deal
- » Defense Chief Mattis in Asia, will Discuss North Korea Crisis with Allies
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison