North Korean Leader Eager for More Rockets
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has called for further development of space technology and the launching of more rockets following the successful launch of one earlier this month.
"You should develop and launch a variety of more working satellites including communications satellite and carrier rockets of bigger capacity," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted Kim as telling scientists and other people involved in the rocket launch, according to RIA Novosti.
On December 12, North Korea launched a long-range rocket, defying international warnings.
The US, South Korea, Japan and various other countries condemned the launch as a ballistic missile test banned under UN Security Council resolutions.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years