North Korean Leader Eager for More Rockets
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has called for further development of space technology and the launching of more rockets following the successful launch of one earlier this month.
"You should develop and launch a variety of more working satellites including communications satellite and carrier rockets of bigger capacity," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted Kim as telling scientists and other people involved in the rocket launch, according to RIA Novosti.
On December 12, North Korea launched a long-range rocket, defying international warnings.
The US, South Korea, Japan and various other countries condemned the launch as a ballistic missile test banned under UN Security Council resolutions.
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections
- » Ferry with 173 Capsizes in Central Philippines
- » Ukraine President Says No Special Status for Donbass in Constitution
- » Eurogroup to Halt Talks with Greece until Bailout Referendum
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports
- » Defiant Tsipras Urges Greeks to Vote ‘No’ in Bailout Referendum