Bulgarian Border Police Bust 20 Illegal Immigrants from Ivory Coast
Bulgaria's Border Police have arrested a total of 20 illegal immigrants who had crossed the border with Turkey overnight, the Interior Ministry announced.
All 20 persons were found to have no IDs but they told the border guards they are from the African country of Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire).
They were detained close to the Lesovo crossing point on the Bulgarian-Turkish border, and their trafficking is under investigation.
Earlier, the Bulgarian border guards arrested five asylum seekers from Algeria, Libya, and Syria, who had escaped from their accommodation facilities to try to make it to Western Europe.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora