Bulgarian Border Police Bust 20 Illegal Immigrants from Ivory Coast
Bulgaria's Border Police have arrested a total of 20 illegal immigrants who had crossed the border with Turkey overnight, the Interior Ministry announced.
All 20 persons were found to have no IDs but they told the border guards they are from the African country of Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire).
They were detained close to the Lesovo crossing point on the Bulgarian-Turkish border, and their trafficking is under investigation.
Earlier, the Bulgarian border guards arrested five asylum seekers from Algeria, Libya, and Syria, who had escaped from their accommodation facilities to try to make it to Western Europe.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud