Bulgaria's Exploding Child Unruliness Bomb
Ten bombs in two days. In schools in Bulgaria's capital Sofia. They weren't real, just fake bomb threats.
Six underage boys got arrested – five in Sofia and one in Vidin, in an unrelated school bomb threat.
Some would say the children's actions were an act of rebellion committed to attract attention.
I don't think so. These Bulgarian kids just don't want to go to school. In high school, I myself was happy whenever there was a fake bomb threat. This meant a day off – no homework, no tests.
However, I find the current bomb threat trend frightful – 9 "bombs" in one day, and one of the "bombers" is only 13 years old.
Yet, the most frightening thing isn't that these young people don't want to get educated but that they've lost any respect for their parents and the law. They are out of control.
They're not afraid of getting expelled from their schools, or of the fines that their parents will pay for their "crimes".
Bulgaria's parents, teachers, authorities seem to have lost their children's respect. And how are we supposed to raise our future generations when they have no respect for anyone and anything?
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Migrant Quotas Looking Ludicrous
- » The Only Question Mark after Bulgaria's Local Elections
- » Why Low Turnout in Bulgaria’s E-Voting Referendum Is Really Disturbing
- » Bulgaria Migrant Death: Guilty Until Proven Innocent?
- » Migrant's Death in Bulgaria Calls into Question Turkey's Aid Request - MEP
- » Bulgaria as a Movie Setting? New Promotion Video Leaves Public Divided