Bulgaria's Exploding Child Unruliness Bomb
Ten bombs in two days. In schools in Bulgaria's capital Sofia. They weren't real, just fake bomb threats.
Six underage boys got arrested – five in Sofia and one in Vidin, in an unrelated school bomb threat.
Some would say the children's actions were an act of rebellion committed to attract attention.
I don't think so. These Bulgarian kids just don't want to go to school. In high school, I myself was happy whenever there was a fake bomb threat. This meant a day off – no homework, no tests.
However, I find the current bomb threat trend frightful – 9 "bombs" in one day, and one of the "bombers" is only 13 years old.
Yet, the most frightening thing isn't that these young people don't want to get educated but that they've lost any respect for their parents and the law. They are out of control.
They're not afraid of getting expelled from their schools, or of the fines that their parents will pay for their "crimes".
Bulgaria's parents, teachers, authorities seem to have lost their children's respect. And how are we supposed to raise our future generations when they have no respect for anyone and anything?
- » Bulgaria, the Most Faithful Satellite
- » Mikhail Gorbachev: EU, US Should Thaw Relations with Russia Despite Ukraine Tensions
- » Iliyan Vassilev: Russia Dropped South Stream for Economic Reasons
- » Bulgarian Politicians Don't Believe South Stream Is Over
- » Bulgaria to Lose USD 600 M over Suspension of South Stream – Ex-Minister
- » Bulgaria’s Industrial Capital Association Opposes Minimum Wage Hike