Stoichkov to Be Interrogated over His Match-Fixing Accusations
Hristo Stoichkov is to be questioned by Bulgarian authorities over his recent statements that games have been rigged in the country's football league, local media have confirmed.
Bulgaria's Chief Directorate for Combatting Organized Crime wants the former Barcelona forward to shed more light on his statements that the Bulgarian state and the Bulgarian Football Union have failed to stop the illegal activities going on in the country's football championship.
In September, Stoichkov, who is currently coaching the team of Litex Lovech, stated that Bulgarian Football Union president and is former Bulgarian national squad teammate Borislav Mihaylov has been among the officials involved in gambling related match-fixing.
"The questioning of Hristo Stoichkov is a normal procedure after such statements," Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has commented.
Club owners and referees are also expected to be questioned as part of the large-scale investigation into match-fixing launched by Bulgarian authorities.
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad