Security Camera Caught Burgas Bomber Accomplice in Varna
The suspected accomplice of the perpetrator of the terrorist attack on Israeli tourists in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas has been caught on camera in Varna.
The news was reported Friday by the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, citing undisclosed sources from the investigation. They said the man who had a fake driver's license from the US State of Michigan under the name of Ralph William Rico has been taped entering and leaving the other Black Sea city of Varna in an automobile. He has also been caught by the security camera of an undisclosed car rental company in an undisclosed city.
It further remains unclear if the cameras in Varna were part of the City Hall video monitoring or have been mounted on office buildings.
The investigators are probing all cross border check points and their security camera tapes in an effort to establish how the attackers entered the country.
On Thursday, the Interior Ministry released a computer-generated image of the alleged accomplice and a better photograph from another fake Michigan, US, driver's license, believed to have belonged to the perpetrator, who is listed on it as Jacque Felipe Martin.
The July 18 terrorist attack in Bulgaria's Burgas, also known as the Burgas Bus Bombing, killed 5 Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver at the Sarafovo Airport. The initial lead, purported by Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, was that it has been executed by a suicide bomber, who arrived from abroad.
Speaking Friday before bTV Tsvetanov reiterated the above, which contradicts a number of observers and terror experts, who insist this lead is looking less and less reliable and the most sustainable hypothesis is that the perpetrator has been used as a mule.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France