After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
Three more bodies were found buried in the illegal cemetery near Klisura and Bankya.
This was reported by Nova TV, stating that the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office has confirmed it. Expert examinations will prove the gender and identity of the victims of the funeral agent Georgi Enev.
Thus, the total number of bodies found is 16. Initially, they were 7, then 6 more were found.
Due to the extremely strange violation of the law - Enev took money from relatives for cremation, but actually buried people, Enev was brought in as a defendant under the article for fraud.
This makes him a defendant at the lowest instance - Sofia District Court.
The data so far show that he took BGN 1,000 from relatives of the deceased in exchange for a commitment to cremate them. Instead, he buried the bodies near the village of Klisura. Initially, Enev admitted to 50 such cases, but during interrogation before a judge denied that he had committed illegal activities.
However, both the District Court and the City Court remanded him in custody. And the wording of the city judges was interesting:
"Although there is no evidence in the case that the accused is in danger of absconding, public discontent in the case may prompt him to do so."
Before the court, Enev asked for a lighter measure, said he would no longer engage in this activity, would not abscond and would not commit another crime.
The funeral director has been in custody since the first seven bodies were found.
This happened at the end of May. So far, it has been reported that they were 3 elderly women and 4 men. The identity of the next discovered has not been specified publicly at the moment.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation