Bulgaria's DPS Party Appoints Five Deputies
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) has picked five people as deputies to Mustafa Karadayi, who was recently elected as chair of the third-biggest party in Bulgaria's Parliament.
New Deputy Chairs include MEP Filiz Hyusmenova, Parliament Deputy Speaker Aliosman Imamov, MPs Yanko Yankov and Ahmed Ahmedov, and Kardzhali Mayor Hasan Azis.
Karzdhali is the biggest regional center with a majority of Bulgarian Turks.
The DPS, for its part, is liberal, ethnic Turk-dominated party which recently underwent leadership change, with its former chair Lyutvi Mestan being expelled last year after openly siding with Turkey on the downing of the Su-24 fighter-bomber.
It is also Bulgaria's second-biggest opposition party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend