Slavi Binev Resigns As Head Of Culture And Media Parliamentary Committee
Slavi Binev, MP of the Patriotic Front, resigned from his position as head of the Parliamentary Committee For Culture And Media.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the PF group in Parliament and was announced by the co-chairperson of the group Valeri Simeonov in front of journalists.
The appointment of Binev, who has a somewhat controversial reputation, sparked series of protests of artists, actors, musicians, writers and students and provoked angry letters from Bulgaria's public media and artistic associations.
"We witnessed an extremely ugly and degrading smear campaign against Mr. Binev, without getting any arguments," Simeonov told the journalists. "Regardless, we believe that the creation of tensions in the current moment, no matter how valid, massive and well-staged it may be, should not continue."
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair