Bulgarian Right Wing Attacks State Christmas Bonuses
Bulgaria's right-wing Blue Coalition asked Friday all ministers to make bonuses paid to employees public and show what criteria was used to select those employees.
The demand was made by the Member of the Parliament, Mihail Mihailov. He further extended the request for transparency in additional pay to Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov.
Mihailov also asked the cabinet of Borisov's Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party to explain why they can find money for bonuses, but not for culture, education and the retirees.
The right-wing MP pointed as an example the Ministry of Environment and Waters where in the course of the year bonuses have been given to employees, regardless of their contributions. In 2009, just between the months of September and December, the Ministry paid BGN 466 000 in bonuses; BGN 500 000 were paid in the first 10 months of 2010 and the sum is expected reach BGN 768 655 by the end of the year.
The Union of Democratic Forces (UDF), one of the two members of the Blue Coalition, gave reporters a copy of a document sent by Environment Minister, Nona Karadzhova, to a GERB MP, listing the bonuses paid by the institution.
The right-wing points out State administration employees must be paid accordingly, but with less bonuses.
In the beginning of December, Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, stated each minister can make his or her own decision to whom to give bonuses, if their institution has saved money, adding his subordinates would not get additional pay.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend