Berbatov May Return to Tottenham in Swap Move
Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov may rejoin Tottenham in a swap deal involving Lewis Holtby, according to reports.
Fulham are content for Berbatov to leave Craven Cottage in the next 48 hours for a cut-price fee of around GBP 1.5 M, but only if they can secure a replacement forward, Goal.com reports.
The Cottagers are expected to continue negotiating for Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou on Thursday as they assess Tottenham's interest in a swap involving Berbatov and Holtby.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is reportedly interested in a cut-price deal to re-sign Berbatov until the end of the season, with Jermain Defoe due to move to Toronto FC next month.
Recent reports suggest that Berbatov, who turns 33 on Thursday, may like to leave Fulham.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm