New Poll Gives GERB 6% Lead over Bulgaria's Socialists
Bulgaria’s center-right GERB leads the Bulgarian Socialist Party by 6% ahead of the snap elections in May, according to a Center for Analysis and Marketing poll released on Wednesday.
Support for GERB stood at 24.1% in the middle of April, while the Socialists were supported by 18.2% of responders.
The ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms came third with 6.1%, followed by the ultranationalist Ataka (Attack) with 4.8%.
One more party, the Bulgaria for Citizens movement of former EU Commissioner Meglena Kuneva would enter Parliament, according to the poll. Kuneva’s movement had 4.4%.
The center-right government of former PM Boyko Borisov resigned amid massive anti-poverty protests in February, prompting President Rosen Plevneliev to adjourn the Parliament, appoint a caretaker Cabinet and schedule snap elections for May 12.
- » GERB Runner Elected Mayor of Bulgaria's Varna by Slim Margin
- » Bulgaria's Varna Elects Mayor in Neck-and-Neck Run-Off
- » Bulgaria's 'Fake Vote Ballots' Final Count Is 480 000
- » 'Fake Ballots' in Bulgaria's Elections Grow to 0.4 M
- » Bulgaria's GERB Alerts EU about Vote Void Claim
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Try Vote Void Case
With this latest poll giving Kuneva a sufficient number of votes to enter parliament, its looking like another Commie-Turk-Witch coalition could be on the cards. I expect they are already drooling at the thought of getting their snouts once again firmly in the trough and recommence the stealing that the past 4 years of GERB rule rudely interrupted.