Romania Demands Explanation from France over Roma Deportation
The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced that it has demanded clarification on the part of France regarding announcement by French Minister of Interior Brice Hortefeux that France will deport Roma who have violated the law, reported BGNES.
The Romanian diplomatic service has referred to the freedom of movement, which is a fundamental right of European citizens, and asked France to clarify “to what extent the measures introduced are in compliance with the European acquis.”
In other news, the Romanian government created the position of deputy minister in charge of Roma integration within the Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Protection. The position is going to be occupied by senior ministry official Valentin Mocanu.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria