Juncker Pledges Support for Bulgaria's Interim Govt
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has promosed to support the incoming caretaker government of Bulgaria that is due to take over on Friday.
In a congratulatory letter sent to interim Prime Minister Ognyan Gerdzhikov and cited by the Bulgarian Nationa Radio, Juncker has noted the new adiminstration comes at an "exceptionally important" moment for Bulgaria and for the European Union.
Juncker has also noted he expects to meet Gerdzhikov soon.
He has stressed the importance for preparing fair and free parliamentary elections.
The snap vote is due on March 26. Its organization is considered as the main prerogative of a caretaker cabinet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Invests €1 Billion in Innovative Clean Technology Projects
- » Bulgaria Will Apply For EUR 500 Million of EU for Supporting 60/40 Measure
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Quarantine and PCR Tests for Bulgarians in Several EU countries
- » EC: New Notification by Bulgaria is Required for Construction of Belene NPP
- » European Commission Approves € 20 million to Bulgaria for Medical Equipment and Medicines