Juncker Pledges Support for Bulgaria's Interim Govt
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has promosed to support the incoming caretaker government of Bulgaria that is due to take over on Friday.
In a congratulatory letter sent to interim Prime Minister Ognyan Gerdzhikov and cited by the Bulgarian Nationa Radio, Juncker has noted the new adiminstration comes at an "exceptionally important" moment for Bulgaria and for the European Union.
Juncker has also noted he expects to meet Gerdzhikov soon.
He has stressed the importance for preparing fair and free parliamentary elections.
The snap vote is due on March 26. Its organization is considered as the main prerogative of a caretaker cabinet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators