The Soaring Bulgarian Tiger
Bulgarians quickly forgot PM Boyko Borisov flew third-rate football teams on the government plane despite the nation's dire state.
They shouldn't, it's inspiring: Borisov's team(!), the "Bistritsa Tigers"(!), and the team of Emil Dimitrov, ruling party GERB MP and Borisov's friend(!), took the Bulgarian government plane(!) to play in Varna(!).
Why should amateur teams from Western Bulgaria take the government plane to Eastern Bulgaria?... They should've flown to Hawaii!
Bulgaria keeps forgetting Borisov's blunders. But he explained: They deserve it! And they paid for it! What's the problem?
Then it turned out other "factors" also rented the government plane but the PM never explained who is entitled to that. And it never became clear where amateur clubs got the money to rent a plane, and why that one.
But the Bulgarian Tiger's flight is clear – he plays football, transports amateur teams, procures sponsors for CSKA and Levski Sofia. These must be Bulgaria's priorities!
- » Reuters: Bulgaria will take at least Three more Years to Join Euro Zone - EU's Dombrovskis
- » Industry Watch: Although Investments in Bulgaria are Increasing, after 2009 the Investment Activity is Weak
- » Amid Brexit and Rising Populism — There’s a European Country that’s Still Desperate to Join the Euro
- » What is the Origin of the Weirdest Bulgarian Expressions
- » Die Welt: The Italian Mafia Returns to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Politico: Europe fakes Turkish delight