Bulgaria's President Awards Top Swimmer Stoychev Honorary Dirk
The sportsman became the fastest man to swim across the English Channel, crossing the 40 kilometres separating England from France in under seven hours.
Stoychev crossed the straits of Dover in six hours, 57 minutes and 50 seconds, a full six minutes faster than the time of previous record holder Christof Wandratsch.
The Bulgarian has won the Open Water World Championships seven times and has long targeted the English Channel record, never succeeding until now.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Environment Row Erupts over Sozopol Beach
- » Countries Pause Johnson & Johnson Vaccine over Rare Blood Clots
- » Magnitude 5,3 Earthquake Rocks Turkey
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 2,944 Newly Infected, 127 Fatalities
- » Germany to Step on “Emergency Break” to Curb Third Wave of Coronavirus Infections
- » Four Paws and Sofia Municipality Launch First Cat Census in Sofia