Bulgaria's President Awards Top Swimmer Stoychev Honorary Dirk
The sportsman became the fastest man to swim across the English Channel, crossing the 40 kilometres separating England from France in under seven hours.
Stoychev crossed the straits of Dover in six hours, 57 minutes and 50 seconds, a full six minutes faster than the time of previous record holder Christof Wandratsch.
The Bulgarian has won the Open Water World Championships seven times and has long targeted the English Channel record, never succeeding until now.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is at the Beginning of Fourth COVID-19 Wave
- » RECORD HEAT: Temperatures between 37 and 42 Degrees in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19: More than One Million Vaccinated in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases Increase, 346 in Last 24 Hours
- » Study in Israel: Pfizer Vaccine only 39% Effective at Preventing Infection with Delta Variant
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 Newly Infected