Bulgaria's President Awards Top Swimmer Stoychev Honorary Dirk
The sportsman became the fastest man to swim across the English Channel, crossing the 40 kilometres separating England from France in under seven hours.
Stoychev crossed the straits of Dover in six hours, 57 minutes and 50 seconds, a full six minutes faster than the time of previous record holder Christof Wandratsch.
The Bulgarian has won the Open Water World Championships seven times and has long targeted the English Channel record, never succeeding until now.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Jump in Cases - 445 in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn