Olympics: Second Medal for Bulgaria, Boxer Wins Bronze, Continues to Semifinals
Bulgarian boxer in women's fly (48-51kg) Stoyka Krusteva defeated China Yuan Chang 4:1.
The Sofia 2018 European champion and two-time world champion will continue to the semifinals, where she will fight Japan's Tsukimi Namiki.
Krusteva has secured at least a bronze medal, which will be the second medal for Bulgaria after Antoaneta Kostadinova won a silver medal in the women's 10m air pistol shooting.
"This is a dream come true for me," the 36-year-old Bulgarian boxer said, adding that this is the first Olympic medal for Bulgaria in women boxing. She gave special thanks to her coach Borislav Georgiev./BTA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests over Еxpensive Еlectricity in Bulgaria, the State Announced Compensatory Measures
- » Chairman of BAIC: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria are Inevitable, the Economy will Stop
- » Digital Real Estate 101: 3 Tips To Generate Passive Income
- » Forecast: Basic Food Prices in Bulgaria will Rise by Another 7% by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarians Living Abroad have Started Sending Less Money to their Relatives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Radev Called for the Causes of the Energy Crisis not to be Politicized