You Can Rent a Room for $ 1 at a Japanese Hotel
The Business Ryokan Asahi Hotel in Fukoka, Japan, has a special guest room that will cost you only $ 1 (130 yen).
This is only possible if you agreeto let the hotel live-stream your stay on its YouTube channel.
If you still decide to spend the night in this room, you should not walk naked in front of the camera because the stream will be blocked. The video does not include sound to avoid any copyright complaints if you choose to include a song or video.
The room looks like a simple Japanese living room with tatami reed flooring, a folded futon sleeping mat, a low table, a TV, and a hot water kettle. For an additional charge you can have an air conditioner - in two hours you will have to pay as much for the night.
The camera covers the whole room, so it's almost impossible to hide. A possible option for some seclusion is to visit the shared toilet or bathroom, where there are no surveillance cameras.
There are now 6 Youtube videos with brave souls staying in this room.
The hotel manager said that earlier, one-night stay in this room costed as much as the others, but almost no one wanted to stay in it. Now, at least it brings in some income - after all, 130 yen is more than nothing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Winter Tourism: Bulgaria Expects a Serious Growth of Tourists in Ski Resorts
- » From October 14, Bulgaria Air Resumes Flights to and from Israel
- » Vaccine Jab Availble at Sofia Airport as of Monday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Reluctant to Ask for 'Green Passport' from their Guests
- » Restaurants and Hotels in Bulgaria Will Not Close, Despite Covid Crisis
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November