42,000 Buildings in Bulgaria Need Renovation
Tens of thousands of buildings in our country need to be renovated and the state will look for new ways to fund it. Among the suggestions are the people who have the opportunity and means to participate with co-financing. "These are just proposals and there is no decision on how the program should go on," Malina Kroumova, Deputy Minister of Regional Development, told Nova TV.
"The only thing that is clear is that the effects of the program are extremely high and we should continue to implement similar housing renovation programs."
Krumova confirmed that the idea of co-financing by the owners, differentiation depending on climatic or demographic circumstances in different areas and municipalities, and depending on the economic situation of the citizens is discussed.
"42,000 buildings need renovation. The resources needed for this are extremely huge. That is why we need to look for a more sustainable model. Therefore, the introduction of co-financing, prioritization, differentiated approach is considered, "Kroumova said.
"We are considering different options. A unified model does not do enough work. About 40% of people are willing to provide part-financing. This should be used, "the deputy minister added.
According to her, the new financing model should be ready by the end of 2018.
"There will be a clear long-term vision for at least the next 25 years," Krumova told Nova TV.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Decline in Real Estate Transactions in Bulgaria: Further Price Growth is Not Expected
- » Bulgaria: Record Rental Prices in Sofia
- » Bulgarians massively Invest in Real Estate in Northern Greece
- » Bulgaria: Full Digitization of the Property Register to be Introduced Soon
- » Bulgaria is Extending the Program for Accommodation of Ukrainian Refugees
- » 35% Growth in Real Estate Transactions in Varna at the beginning of the year