About 30,000 People in Europe Are Potentially Part of Terrorist Communities', Rob Wainwright Europol Director
,,About 30,000 people in Europe are potentially part of terrorist communities'', Rob Wainwright Europol director told bTV. According to him, Bulgaria and all countries in Europe are threatened by terrorism.
"Things are not that clear. These people are inspired, but are not subordinate to an "Islamic state," Wainwright said. The main threats against Europe today are very complex - there is an explosion of terrorist activity in recent years, there are cyber threats and many groups that resemble mafias in many countries, the Europol director added.
He commented on the attack in Sarafovo years ago: "This was one of the most important cases in the history of terrorism in which Europol cooperated. The Bulgarian authorities gave us full access, we managed to do much in the investigation. "
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine asked Bulgaria for Heavy Weapons - the Caretaker Government Refused
- » The Army has Increased the Intelligence and Surveillance in the Eastern Part of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency Declared due to Migrant Pressure
- » Defense Minister: There is a Risk to Bulgaria's Security but No Direct Threat after Putin declared Mobilization
- » Bulgaria: 12 Arrested after a Bust on Migrant Trafficking Ring – May be Connected to the Tragedy in Burgas
- » Bulgaria: 10 Illegal Migrants from Syria Detained after a Chase in Burgas – 37 More near Vratsa