Because of the Wind a Plane to Sofia Landed in Bucharest
The strong wind yesterday caused problems at Sofia Airport. Ryanair's low-cost airline did not land on the track due to poor weather conditions, Nova TV reported.
It was flying from London to Sofia. It flew from the British capital at 16.50 local time and was supposed to land at 22.00 in the evening Bulgarian time, the flight should have gone for 3.35 hours.
After two attempts to land, the plane moved to Bucharest. The aerodrome authorities state that the action is undertaken at the discretion of the pilot. Passengers were transported to Sofia by buses.
At the moment the conditions surrounding the airport are normal and airplanes are landing unhindered.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow Expected in the Northwest, Rainfall to Ease Up
- » Innovative Graphene Method Redefines Concrete Recycling
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Snow Await Us
- » Bulgaria Shows Promise in Green Transition but Faces Challenges
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Minus Temperatures and Fog
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Colder with Snowfall in Some Regions