Minister: Bulgaria Prepared to Host European Volleyball Championship
Minister of Youth and Sports Krasen Kralev assured that Bulgaria is prepared to meet the challenges of hosting the 2015 men's European Volleyball Championship.
Kralev attended the drawing of lots for the final round of the tournament, which took place at the Ivan Vazov National Theatre in Sofia on Monday.
The minister revealed the opportunities of the forthcoming event and assured that the government will fully support the Bulgarian Volleyball Federation in organising the tournament.
Kralev wished success to the Bulgarian national volleyball team and expressed confidence in the readiness of the cities of Sofia and Varna to host the championship.
The draw sent Bulgaria in Pool A with the teams of Germany, the Czech Republic and the winner from the qualification match between Spain and the Netherlands.
The championship takes place between October 9 and 18 and will be co-hosted by Bulgaria and Italy.
All matches from Pool A, as well as the final four games of the tournament will be played in the Arena Armeec hall in Sofia.
The Palace of Culture and Sports in Varna will host the matches from Pool C, where Poland, Belgium, Belarus and Slovenia/Portugal will compete.
Bulgaria is to host the final round of the European Championship for the first time since 1981.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced