Bulgarian Citizens Fighting On IS Side, Defence Minister Says
Bulgaria's caretaker Defence Minister Velizar Shalamanov admitted there are Bulgarian citizens fighting on the side of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist organisation, reports Mediapool.bg.
“We have information from our allies that there are Bulgarian citizens fighting for the IS,” Shalamanov said. “This is very alarming.”
He, however, refused to divulge any more details.
Many Western countries have already admitted that there are holders of their passports who fight for the IS. The UN has urged all countries to criminalise the participation of their citizens in various extremist groups, as well as enlisting others and sponsoring such organisations.
Many countries already did so, but Bulgaria is not among them, though recently caretaker Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov proposed law amendments in this regard.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Protesters Blockaded "Trakia" Highway and the Sub-Balkan road for almost 24 hours
- » President Radev: Bulgaria must Support all Relations leading to an End to the War in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria: Borissov promised the Protesters that Coal Plants will work until 2038
- » Bulgaria’s PM: The Plans will be Accepted despite the Protests from Miners and Energy Workers
- » Protests: Miners and Energy Workers Blocked Key Roads in Bulgaria