Businessman Veselin Mareshki Facing Year in Jail for Hitting Varna Official
Veselin Mareshki, a controversial entrepreneur owning a national pharmacy chain, has been detained in the Black Sea city of Varna, where he lives.
Pre-trial proceedings have been launched for inflicting bodily harm after Mareshki and municipal councilor Kamen Kostadinov were embroiled in a brief fight early on Thursday.
Kostadinov had one of his eyes bruised during the scuffle which broke after the two involved themselves in a dispute between former husbands.
The ex-couple leased a property in Varna and cannot agree on who should receive the rent.
Mareshki is reportedly close to the woman, whose name has not been revealed, while Kostadinov is thought to know her ex-husband, reports quoted by the website Dnevnik.bg suggest.
Brawls about the rent had gone on for days, but it was Wednesday evening when both Mareshki and Kostadinov were present and stood up for the opposing sides.
Mareshki is now facing either jail or probation.
Both Kostadinov and Mareshki have formerly run for the Varna Mayor's office, and in 2011 were even direct rivals.
Mareshki for his part is also a former municipal councilor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa