Clashes between Protestors, Police Erupt in Sofia
Clashes between protesting students and police erupted in Sofia on Friday afternoon at an anti-government rally.
The young people blocked street intersections in downtown Sofia, letting only ambulances through their fence of bodies.
Policemen had to form a human chain to push the protestors out and bring traffic back to normal.
Earlier in the afternoon, police did not allow people to block the intersection of "Dondukov" and "Vassil Levski" boulevards and pushed them by force to the sidewalks. This prompted the demonstrators to start shouting "mafia" and the name of Interior Minister, Tsvetlin Yovchev.
The latest unrest in the Bulgarian capital started after scores of citizens responded to the call of university lecturers to come at 11 am Friday at Sofia University to join their anti-government protest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Record Price Increase of Building Materials in Bulgaria: Families are waiting for Repairs for Months
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Protests against sending Arms to Ukraine are expected all over Bulgaria
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: Every Tenth Woman has been a Victim of Violence at least once