Royal Baby Named George
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their son George Alexander Louis, BBC reported, citing Kensington Palace.
The third in line to the throne will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.
George was the bookmakers' favourite for the first name of the prince, who was born on Monday at 16:24 BST, weighing 8lbs 6oz.
The family are at the Middleton home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, after spending a night at Kensington Palace.
The Duke and Duchess had been expected to pick a traditional royal name for their son, who was born at St Mary's Hospital in London.
Royal infants usually have historical names which are passed down through the generations.
There have been six King George's up to now, most recently the Queen's father, although he was known to his family as Bertie.
BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said Alexander was said to be a favourite of Catherine's, while Louis is William's fourth name.
This is a relatively quick announcement of a name compared to previous royal babies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia is stepping up Cyber Attacks against Ukraine's European allies
- » Day 400 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv admits that Russian Forces made Progress in Bakhmut
- » Elon Musk with a Letter to Humanity: Artificial intelligence can Defeat and Destroy us
- » Taiwan's President is visiting the US
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold