Damascus Car Bombs Kill at Least 20
At least 20 people were killed in Syria's capital Damascus on Wednesday, as twin car bombs struck the district of Jaramana, activists say.
The SANA news agency has stated that "terrorists" were behind the blasts in Jaramana.
Television pictures have shown firemen hosing down the charred wrecks of two vehicles, BBC says. Several buildings also appeared to have been damaged.
The blasts come the day after British-based Syrian activists said government fighter planes had killed "tens of people" when they bombed an olive factory in the north-west of the country.
Tens of thousands of people have died since an uprising against President Bashar al-Assad began in March 2011, according to UN and activist estimates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Indian Parliament passes landmark Women’s reservation Bill
- » Bulgaria and Romania expect to be in Schengen by the end of the year
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China