Turkey's Special Forces Strike PKK in Iraqi Kurdistan
Turkish special forces have conducted a cross-border ground raid on suspected bases of the separatist Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in northern Iraq.
The Turkish military command has so far given no official comment on the results of the operation in Iraqi Kurdistan but it has been reported by Turkish media.
CNN Turk said the Turkish Air Force struck targets in northern Iraq prior to the ground operation.
According to the Hurriyet newspaper, the operation was carried out by two battalions of Turkish Special Forces Command, known as the Maroon Berets, who penetrated up to 5 km (3 miles) into Iraqi territory.
The troops returned to Turkey with support from the Turkish Air Force, the paper said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 214 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Lavrov Didn’t Rule Out Nuclear Weapons to Defend annexed Ukrainian Territories
- » Serbia and Russia will Coordinate their Foreign Policies
- » Bulgaria condemned the Referendums in Ukraine at the UN General Assembly
- » Day 213 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums Continue for a Second Day in the Russian-Occupied Regions
- » UN: War Crimes were Committed in Ukraine during the Conflict with Russia
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II