Varna Rallies against Vehicle Access of Sea Garden
Citizens and environmentalists in Bulgaria's Black Sea capital Varna are staging Saturday a blockade of all five vehicle-accessible entrances of the city's top landmark, the beautiful Sea Garden.
The blockade starts at 6:30 pm and is organized by the Varna Breaths NGO.
The activists say that cars are entering the garden without any obstructions and drivers are allowed to park all over, even on the grass, while the police remain inactive even when notified about the violations. The vehicle restriction regime on the coastal alley has not been endorsed as well.
The organizers demand a full ban on vehicle access to the park, except for emergency and other service cars, steep sanctions for violators, a halt on the unregulated issuing of passes from the City Hall to a number of drivers, and the immediate publishing of the names and/or companies of all pass-holders on the municipal website.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Record Price Increase of Building Materials in Bulgaria: Families are waiting for Repairs for Months
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Protests against sending Arms to Ukraine are expected all over Bulgaria
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: Every Tenth Woman has been a Victim of Violence at least once