Hezbollah Denies Responsibility for Burgas Terror Attack - Report
Radical Shiite group Hezbollah has allegedly denied responsibility for the terror attack on Israeli tourists on Bulgarian soil on Wednesday.
A Hezbollah representative has described the allegation that the group was involved in the attack as "laughable," pointing out that the group "does not wage a war on tourists," Interfax reports, citing Annashra.
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the attack was probably initiated by a group under the auspices of "either Iran or other radical Muslim groups," and named Hezbollah and Hamas as likely suspects.
At least 6 Israeli tourists were killed and some 33 were wounded in the explosion which hit their bus at the Sarafovo Airport near Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Burgas at about 5:30 pm EET.
The Bulgarian Interior Ministry said the blast was a terror attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Third Day in a Row: The Protest in Bulgaria Ended Wthout Escalations
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 211 Newly Registered Cases of Coronavirus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees