Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Vows to Return to Ring
Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoi Ivanov who was stabbed nearly fatally on February 7 has declared that he is determined to return to the fighting ring and score more victories.
Ivanov gave a brief conference at Sofia's Pirogov hospital on Saturday, his first media appearance since he was stabbed in a Sofia night club. He is expected to leave the hospital next week.
Physicians say that Ivanov would recover in six months to a year.
The MMA fighter has been able to talk for a week now.
On Sunday, February 7, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., in downtown Sofia, when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives allegedly came in and attacked them.
At 5.10 am police came in to find the attackers escaped and Ivanov with a deep stab wound under his armpit.
The main suspect in the stabbing - 23-year-old D.S. known as Dampela, is kept under permanent detention.
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police
- » Five Bulgarian Doctors are Accused of Draining over BGN 120,000 from the NHIF
- » 25 200 Cigarettes Without an Excise Band were Found in Kyustendil