Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Vows to Return to Ring
Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoi Ivanov who was stabbed nearly fatally on February 7 has declared that he is determined to return to the fighting ring and score more victories.
Ivanov gave a brief conference at Sofia's Pirogov hospital on Saturday, his first media appearance since he was stabbed in a Sofia night club. He is expected to leave the hospital next week.
Physicians say that Ivanov would recover in six months to a year.
The MMA fighter has been able to talk for a week now.
On Sunday, February 7, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., in downtown Sofia, when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives allegedly came in and attacked them.
At 5.10 am police came in to find the attackers escaped and Ivanov with a deep stab wound under his armpit.
The main suspect in the stabbing - 23-year-old D.S. known as Dampela, is kept under permanent detention.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium