Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Vows to Return to Ring
Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoi Ivanov who was stabbed nearly fatally on February 7 has declared that he is determined to return to the fighting ring and score more victories.
Ivanov gave a brief conference at Sofia's Pirogov hospital on Saturday, his first media appearance since he was stabbed in a Sofia night club. He is expected to leave the hospital next week.
Physicians say that Ivanov would recover in six months to a year.
The MMA fighter has been able to talk for a week now.
On Sunday, February 7, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., in downtown Sofia, when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives allegedly came in and attacked them.
At 5.10 am police came in to find the attackers escaped and Ivanov with a deep stab wound under his armpit.
The main suspect in the stabbing - 23-year-old D.S. known as Dampela, is kept under permanent detention.
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University
- » Israeli Executive Arrested in Bulgaria on Guatemala Bribery Suspicions
- » Three Detained over the Destroyed Dune near Camping "Smokinya" on the South Bulgarian Coast
- » Drunk Men Beat up a Bulgarian Store Owner in Scotland (Video)
- » Mexico Finds 20 Bodies, 17 of Them Burned, Near U.S. Border