Stabbed MMA Fighter Blagoi Ivanov Stabilized, Still in Danger
The condition of Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoi Ivanov who was recently stabbed has been stabilized but his life is still in danger, according to doctors.
Ivanov is still under artificial aspiration, the BGNES news agency has reported. He has undergone a 6-hour-long surgical intervention in Sofia's Pirogov hospital and complications are expected as a result of his severe wound.
A 23-year-old man with a police record has been suspected for the assault and has been apprehended by local police authorities.
Sunday night Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives, including the suspect, allegedly came in and attacked them.
At 5.10 am police came in to find the attackers escaped and Ivanov with a deep stab wound under his armpit.
Ivanov's two companions have suffered only light wounds and bruises and have been discharged by the hospital.
- » Most of the High Schools Graduates Will Sit a Biology or English Exam
- » Fishing for White Sand Mussels in the Black Sea is Prohibited
- » Sofia University Celebrates 175 years of Bulgarian journalism
- » Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia will Work Together against Human Traffic
- » Increase in The amount of the Withdrawn Student Credits
- » The Fabulous Gala Premiere of the Long Awaited Aladdin in Los Angeles