Stabbed MMA Fighter Blagoi Ivanov Stabilized, Still in Danger
The condition of Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoi Ivanov who was recently stabbed has been stabilized but his life is still in danger, according to doctors.
Ivanov is still under artificial aspiration, the BGNES news agency has reported. He has undergone a 6-hour-long surgical intervention in Sofia's Pirogov hospital and complications are expected as a result of his severe wound.
A 23-year-old man with a police record has been suspected for the assault and has been apprehended by local police authorities.
Sunday night Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives, including the suspect, allegedly came in and attacked them.
At 5.10 am police came in to find the attackers escaped and Ivanov with a deep stab wound under his armpit.
Ivanov's two companions have suffered only light wounds and bruises and have been discharged by the hospital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Timing Matters: 10-Hour Eating Window Enhances Mood and Hunger, Study Finds
- » Alarming Reality: 17% of Bulgarian Babies and Young Children Live in Poverty
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mild and Windy Saturday, Rain Approaching Sunday
- » This Month is Sofia's 50th Book Fair: A Literary Milestone
- » Sexual Transmission Dominates New HIV Cases in Bulgaria
- » Sofia University Secures Top Spot in Bulgarian Higher Education Rankings