Rebels Destroy Gaddafi Compound in Tripoli
Libyan rebels have started bulldozing down the residence of ousted leader Muammar Gaddafi in Tripoli.
Two bulldozers are at work on the site of the Gaddafi compound in the neighborhood of Bab al Aziziya, guarded by armed men and surrounded by an enthusiastic crowd.
Some of the people gathered are shouting: "We're going to destroy everything that belongs to Gaddafi."
The Bab al Aziziya compound was the target of frequent strikes by NATO and National Transitional Council troups, and by Tripoli's overtaking by the rebels, some 150 dead bodies were found there.
Rebels are in control of a large part of Libyan territory, but strongholds such as Bani Walid and Sirte, Gaddafi's birthplace, have remained in the hands of Gaddafi loyalists.
The location of the ousted Lybian leader is currently not known.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)
- » Record Sales of Electric Cars in Europe for 2022
- » Chip War: US tightens Noose on China with Japan-Netherlands Deal
- » EU with Higher Solar and Wind Energy Production in 2022 than Gas
- » EU: The Eurozone will avoid Recession this Winter
- » Day 342 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden is against sending Fighter Jets to Kyiv