US and Bulgarian Armies Start Joint Drills
The purpose of the tactical exercises is to increase the operative compatibility between Bulgaria's landed and air forces on the one hand, and the US Air Force on the other.
Bulgaria will participate in the drills with infantry regiments and seven Su-25 and one An-26 planes. The US Air Force will take part with four C-130 Hercules aircraft.
The drills coincide with the arrival of 500 US troops and 18 US Air Force planes, which are going to secure the NATO Summit in Bucharest from Bulgaria's territory. The US aircraft will be able to fly over, land and refuel in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Democratic Bulgaria” wants Military Aid for Ukraine in the first days of the New Parliament
- » Bulgaria: "Vazrazhdane" will Not Support a Cabinet with a Мandate from another party
- » Bulgaria: GERB offers Negotiations to Everyone - Borissov doesn’t want to be PM or MP
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's President: Ukraine in NATO after a Peaceful Settlement of the Conflict between Kyiv and Moscow
- » Elections in Bulgaria: BSP will Not Form a Coalition with GERB and its Leader will Not Resign